Illustrated by Thomas Henry
Published by George Newnes Limited. 1st. 1922
Good condition. Red cloth, black titles to spine and front cover. B/w illustrations. 248 pages and 4 pages of adverts to rear.
Covers are VERY grubby/marked. Mottling and darkening to all of covers. Corners are bumped. Marks to endpapers, outer page edges and pages internally. Binding is still tight.
Stock no. 2131396
- William Goes to the Pictures - William's aunt gives him sixpence, and he goes to the cinema . On his way home he is obsessed with acting out what he has seen, much to the annoyance of the locals.
- William the Intruder - William makes friends with his brother's new girlfriend.
- William Below Stairs - William runs away from home and gets a job working as a servant in an upper class house, not realising that he doesn't like work.
- The Fall of the Idol - William has a crush on his teacher, Miss Drew.
- The Show - The Outlaws put on an animal show in the garden.
- A Question of Grammar - William throws a party.
- William Joins the Band of Hope - William joins the Temperance movement .
- The Outlaws
- William and White Satin William becomes a page for his cousin's wedding.
- William's New Year's Day - William is encouraged to make a New Year's resolution by the sweet shop owner Mr Moss.
- The Best Laid Plans
- "Jumble" - The story of how William met his dog, Jumble.